Version from 15.10.2019
The YEASTAR phone system is fully tested and certified by Snom. It offers easy and secure commissioning of our phones as well as central terminal management. It supports all common telephony features such as call forwarding, central phonebook and CTI functionalities.
The goal of this document is to provide a simple guide to get your Snom phone up and running on your YEASTAR phone system conveniently and in just a few steps.
Please make sure your phone is set up correctly.
Please check in advance that your phone has the latest stable firmware version installed.
If the phone has been in use before, please reset the phone to factory settings so that changes already made may not impair correct functionality.
Step 1: Perform an upgrade to the required firmware.
Verify that the phone you are configuring is running the firmware required by the Yeastar phone system. If the device needs to be upgraded manually, you can find the latest required firmware released by Yeastar for all models here.
Step 2: Provisioning an IP Phone
Adding a new phone:
First, log in to your Yeastar system. To do this, enter the IP address of the Yeastar in your browser.
The Yeastar Desktop welcomes you with the following buttons on the left side:
First click on the button in the upper left corner:
- A window will open. Now click on the button: "Autoprovisioning".
- The Auto Provisioning window opens. Click on the "Add" button.
- The window for a new extension opens. Click on the selector at "Manufacturer" and select "Snom".
- Then select the type of phone you want to connect under "Model". Then click on "Save".
Add an extension:
- Now click on the "Settings" button on the Yeastar desktop.
- Now click on the "Extensions" button.
- The extension window opens. Now click on "Add".
- Now enter the desired extension number and add the email address of the user. Afterwards please save.
Connect phone and extension:
Now you have added a phone and set up an extension with the basic information,
now I will show you how to link these two things.
- Go back to the "Auto provisioning" window and click on the icon with the pencil in the row with the desired phone.
- A window opens in which you can set a check mark for the desired extension. Then click on "Save" again.A window opens in which you can set a check mark for the desired extension. Then click on "Save" again.
- Your extension is now set up and connected to your phone.
Step 3: Configuring the function keys
Configure function keys individually per phone.
- Navigate again to the "Auto provisioning" window. Click on the pencil again to edit the phone of your choice.
- Select on the tab "Settings function keys".
Depending on the phone model, a different number of function keys are available.
- To program a function key, first set a check mark at the very front for P1,P2,P3....
- In the next menu "Context" set it best to "Active".
- In the next menu "Type" select the desired key assignment type, e.g. "BLF".
- In the next field "Number" enter the extension or phone number of a colleague.
- In the next field "Short text" enter a description text that will be shown on the display.
Configure phones via template.
If you want to configure several phones in the same way, it is a good idea to work with templates. And how to do that we show now.
- Navigate back to the "Auto provisioning" window. Change to the tab "Templates".
- Now click on "Add".
- Select a unique "Name" for the template, select "Snom" again for "Manufacturer" and the desired "Model".
Then you can start to configure the function keys as described above.
- Finally, save the template.
Your Snom phone is now registered to the Yeastar phone system and ready to use.
This page has no comments.