Starting with firmware 530.2, the push-to-talk functionality is available on our A190 headset.
This feature enables the handset to function like a Walkie Talkie by pressing and holding the hook button on the headset.
To enabled it, you need to use the base station's web interface with these steps
- head into the Extensions menu
- click into the handset's IPEI
- find the "Push-to-Talk" option and enable it
Once it has been enabled
- if you press and keep pressed the "hook" button
- the handset will open a direct communication channel with all the others that have this functionality enabled.
- the call will drop as soon as you release the button.
The calling headset needs to be in idle state, the call will be automatically answered on speakerphone on all the handsets with the push-to-talk enabled, and it is only possible for one person at a time to talk using the push-to-talk functionality.
When the push-to-talk feature is enabled on one handset on a system of base stations, only six calls can be ongoing at the same time from any base station which has the handset connected
Do not re-assign the long press for the hook button on the A190 with any other functionality, or you will loose the ability to use the PTT
This page has no comments.