Updating a M300 / M700 / M900 base station
- Log on to the web interface of the base station and click on the "Firmware Update" link
Insertinto the "Firmware update server address" field.
- Please always refer to our Firmware Update Center to find our latest public firmware release.
If you want to operate the "M900" base station with the "M25, M65 or M85" handsets, please note that you must update the "M900" to at least version "450 - B11" and the handsets to "410 - B11". Start with the base station. It is best to update all devices to the same, the latest FW version.
If you want to operate the "M300/M700" base station with the "M70, M80 or M90" handsets, please note that you must update the "M300/M700" to at least version "410 - B14" and the handsets to "450 - B11". Start with the base station. It is best to update all devices to the same, the latest FW version.
The firmware path field should be left empty.
- Click on the "Save/Start Update" button
- Insert the Required version number (e.g. 450) and the Required branch number (e.g. 13) you want to install.
- Click on the "Save/Start Update" button again to initiate the update process.
Troubleshooting Firmware Update
- If everything is working properly, the base will start downloading the firmware. At the end of the download, the system checks the binary integrity. This procedure can take some minutes.
- At the end of the previous steps, the base station will apply the firmware upgrade. During this phase, the device will be unreachable, and you should see the base LED blinking in orange and then in red.
- After some minutes, the base station should be correctly updated and reachable via the web interface
Please read these instructions to update your handsets M25 / M65 / M70 / M80 / M85 /M90.
Updating a M700 / M900 Base Station in the Multicell
But it should also be mentioned here that as soon as you give a Base that is a member of a Multicell the order to install the latest firmware, as described above, it will download the firmware update and distribute it to all Bases in the Multicell. It does not matter if the cell consists of 3, 500 or more bases. Once all bases have the file, synchronously start the installation and reboot relatively simultaneously. This will cause the multicell to fail for a short time or, if there are many bases, it may fail for several minutes.
Updating an M300 / M700 / M900 base station (before V 3.55)
If you are using a base with firmware later than 3.55, you must first update to version 3.55 and then follow the instructions above.
Every now and then there are significant jumps within a firmware that requires a special approach.
For example, you can't downgrade a base to a version below 4.50 once you're at 4.50 or higher.
And in this example, we have a base working with firmware prior to the last milestone, version 3.55.
In order to take advantage of the new firmware with an older base, an intermediate step is necessary.
Since the web user interface looked and functioned differently at that time, we will now explain the procedure with pictures using an example.
Example: Update from version 3.24 to 3.55
- Log in to the web user interface of the base station and click on the link "Firmware update" .
Enter http://dect.snom.com in the "Firmware update server address" field.
Enter the Firmware path. In our example: B355B25H355B25
- Enter the required version number (355 in our example) that you want to install.
- Click the "Save/Start Update" button again to initiate the update process.
- After the restart, they can continue with the instructions at the top and install e.g. a version 4.10 next.
This page has no comments.