From Snom User Wiki
- WEB USER INTERFACE
- V8: Identities - SIP Settings(Section): Device Feature Key Synchronisation
- PHONE USER INTERFACE
- FIRMWARE VERSIONS
- Starting versions: 8.0.11
- XML CONFIGURATION
- <dfks idx="INDEX" perm="PERMISSIONFLAG">VALIDVALUE</dfks>
- Note: Since version 220.127.116.11 Identity-Based
- Many SIP phone users prefer to use the buttons on their phone to activate features, such as Do Not Disturb (DND), rather than any web portal. This feature permits these SIP phone users to use the buttons on their phones in just this way. With this feature installed, supported SIP phones can synchronize with the Application Server on the status of the following features:
- Do Not Disturb
- Call Forwarding Always (CFA)
- Call Forwarding Busy (CFB)
- Call Forwarding No Answer (CFNA).
If a user changes the status of one of these features via the web portal or a feature access code (FAC), the Application Server notifies the phone about the status change. Conversely, if the user changes the feature status via a button on his phone, the phone notifies the Application Server of the status change. The synchronization protocol is based on the SIP events framework. To use this capability, the phone user must have a SIP phone that supports the “as-feature-event” event package.