FAQ/How can I set the phone back to admin mode or factory defaults respectively
From Snom User Wiki
|Languages: English • Deutsch|
- How to switch between "User Mode" and "Admin Mode"
- How to reset lost administrator password
- How to reset lost HTTP password
- How to reset lost administrator and HTTP password
- To set the phone back to "Admin mode", press the Settings key .
- Firmware versions lower than 7.X: Select "Admin Mode".
- Firmware versions lower equal or greater 7.X: Enter "Maintenance" and select "Admin Mode".
- On the prompt enter your administrator password, if you have set one, or the default password, which is "0000" (four zeros), and confirm.
- Reset lost administrator password by performing a reset to factory defaults (Warning: All configuration changes get lost!) via Web User Interface (Note: This will work only when the web user interface is not secured by a password):
- Obtain your phone's IP address and currently used firmware version by pressing the Help button on your snom 3x0
- Open any web browser and choose the URL corresponding to your current firmware version:
- Firmware versions lower than 3.X: http://phonesIpAdr/set_base_en.htm?reset=Reset
- Firmware versions between 3.X and 6.X: http://phonesIpAdr/advanced.htm?reset=Reset
- Firmware versions from 7.X onwards: http://phonesIpAdr/advanced_network.htm?reset=Reset
- Copy the appropriate URL into the address line of your web browser and then change "phonesIPAdr" to your phone's actual IP address.
- The phone reboots automatically and everything will be accessible again.
- Reset lost HTTP password via Phone User Interface:
- snom360: Press the "Settings" Key and scroll down to "Reset Values". Confirm by pressing and enter the Administrator password!
- snom320: Press the "Settings" Key and press the soft key below the displayed "Reset" and enter the Administrator password!.
- snom300: Press the "Navigation Button" "down" and scroll until "Configuration". Press the "Navigation Button" "right" and confirm by pressing and enter the Administrator password!
- snom190: Use the arrow keys to navigate to "Configuration". Press the left "softkey" below "Reset" and enter the Administrator password!
- Reset lost administrator and HTTP password via TFTP Update ( Note: This process combines firmware update and factory reset)
- Since firmware version 184.108.40.206 on the snom 3xx series it is possible to reset the phone using the key pad by pressing the following keys
* Volume Up * Volume Down #